[Web-SIG] JavaScript libraries

mike bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Mon May 2 20:58:50 CEST 2005

what kind of features are you looking for in these javascript libraries ?
I see sarissa is just the XMLHttpRequest method tied to writing the guts
of DOM objects, and then some more elaborate DOM inspection methods that
seem less useful.

it seems to me that the "server-neutral" javascript part of AJAX is
nothing more than a single function to connect an XMLHttpRequest and feed
it to a callback function, and perhaps a couple of generic callback
functions, i.e. "execute the javascript returned" and "write the HTML
returned into this DOM element".  everything else is specific to a
particular application and/or server side approach.

I went and took the single connection function from the Sajax demo and
built a bunch of stuff off of that... once you can connect and get data,
document.getElementById('foo').innerHTML = <blah> can draw anything
anywhere you want.