[Web-SIG] JavaScript libraries

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue May 3 11:40:49 CEST 2005

Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> I actually read the Dynamic HTML book and have a lot of good ideas on
> how to make a good JavaScript library.  I was just hoping I wouldn't
> have to ;)  I'm hoping Kupu meets my needs.  JavaScript's not a bad
> language.  It's just very misunderstood, very abused, and a bit
> undeveloped.  It's really the DOM that causes the most problems. :-/

Just to clarify: Kupu is *not* a generic javascript library, it's a
framework for building WYSIWYG editors. It just involves a ton of
javascript and it's done by mature software developers with experience
in other programming languages, so it's version controlled, there's
release management, etc.

Regards,

Martijn