[Web-SIG] JavaScript libraries

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:21:22 CEST 2005

On 5/6/05, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
> Donovan Preston wrote:
> >
> > On May 5, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> >
> >> Well, guys, I like SF.net.  I understand that many of you don't.  I'm
> >> okay with that.  I'm willing to bite the bullet and set things up, if
> >> we can all come to concensus about what should be done.  Should I just
> >> setup a Plone instance somewhere?
>
> [snip]
>
> > I like Plone; is there some product which plugs into Plone and
> > integrates mailman or some other mailing list manager?
>
> Why Plone? What's the point of using Plone if we simply want a mailing list?

When all that you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail :-)

On a more serious tone, the idea itself has some merit. However, Plone
carries a lot of overhead. I would rather prefer a lightweight
framework for such 'plug ins'. I wondered a long time about doing some
work with CherryPy along these lines, but I never had the time to make
it. I just hope to be able to make it now that I found some free time
for my hacking. Things should be simpler IMHO...

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com