[Web-SIG] RELEASE: session2 v0.6

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Oct 25 04:31:56 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I've just released version 0.6 of session2, our (Mike Orr's and mine)
rewrite of session management for Quixote 2.x.

Visit the Web site at http://quixote.idyll.org/session2/

session2 offers a (in our opinion) vastly improved session management
API that more cleanly *supports* SQL-based persistence, as well as
multiprocess & threadsafe execution models.  It actually implements
multiprocess-safe session stores for MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Durus,
and session2 provides file/directory and shelve-based stores as well.

The two main updates for v0.6 are both documentation updates:

 * expanded README (index page at the Web site)

and

 * epydoc-based source code documentation.

session2 is also available via the Python Package Index at

	http://www.python.org/pypi/session2/0.6

and on the quixote_extras site at

	http://cafepy.com/quixote_extras/titus/session2/

enjoy,