[Web-SIG] [Fwd: Summer of Code preparation]

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Apr 17 18:30:00 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:39:59AM -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
-> Hi guys... looks like Google SoC is back on again.  I'm hoping we get
-> some good web stuff going on, so people should start thinking.  Also
-> there's two wiki pages where you can add project ideas:
-> http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode and the somewhat out-of-date
-> (and needs cleaning) page from last year:
-> http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas

I'm thinking of proposing a project to build a JavaScript interpreter
interface for Python; the goal (for me) is to get twill/mechanize to
understand JavaScript.  I think the project has wider applications,
but I'm not sure what people actually want to do with JavaScript.
I could imagine server-side parsing of javascript, and/or integration of
javascript and python code.  Thoughts?

--titus