[Web-SIG] [Python-Dev] Adding wsgiref to stdlib

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Apr 28 20:31:09 CEST 2006

> I'm inviting people to discuss the addition of wsgiref to the standard
> library. I'd like the discussion to be finished before a3 goes out;

+1.

I think it's faily low-risk.  WSGI has been discussed and implemented
for well over a year; there are many working implementations of the
spec.  Adding wsgiref to the stdlib would help other implementors of
the spec.

I think there should be a better server implementation in the stdlib,
but I think that can be added separately.  (Personally, I'd like to
find the time to (a) make Medusa thread-safe, and (b) add WSGI to it.
If anyone would like to help with that, send me mail.)

Bill