[Web-SIG] WSGI Server implementation which runs as a Windows service

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 22:52:32 CEST 2006

I'm starting to play with WSGI, and I'd really like to find a
reasonable WSGI server implementation which will run as a Windows
service. I had a go with the CherryPy (2.2.1) WSGI server, and it
didn't seem to play nicely with the standard run-cherrypy-as-a-service
code I've used before. I may have been doing something wrong -
pointers gratefully accepted if so, but I'm equally open to other
options.

My basic reason is to get away from mod_python - I'd like to have a
WSGI server service, which serves my various web applications, and
just use Apache as a proxy. Mounting WSGI apps on a single service
seems likely to be a much easier approach than wrapping every
application into a service with its own port, etc, etc.

Thanks for any pointers,
Paul.