[Web-SIG] wsgiref questions

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Fri Dec 22 01:06:37 CET 2006

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Hm, but what would you do with a response not
> in that list that didn't have a content-length?
> You'd have to close the persistent connection.
> We're committed to keep the persistent connection
> open at all times because there's a special
> Googly thing at the other end.

Fair enough. In the case of responses that are required to have no response body, you don't have to close the connection (that's actually a higher-order rule in determining length, see http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.4 point 1). But I can see the benefit to chunking over closing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org