[Web-SIG] wsgiref questions

Sylvain Hellegouarch sh at defuze.org
Fri Dec 22 19:01:47 CET 2006

> On 12/22/06, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh at defuze.org> wrote:
>> > We decided to add chunking encoding to our own server, it wasn't all
>> > that hard.
>>
>> Hopefully you will release this code as part of wsgiref and let the
>> community benefit from it, right?
>
> We didn't modift wsgiref, we added it to a proprietary module;

Makes sense that you can't release it then :)

and I
> don't think our code has anything to offer over what's already
> available through other channels, such as the CherryPy server.

True but the thing is that it's wsgiref which belongs to the stdlib not
CherryPy, it'd be nice if the reference WSGI server could be a little more
complete I suppose. Besides for some obscure reason some people have a bad
opinion of CP.

> (Also, wsgiref violates a couple of Python style guides that make me
> not want to update it myself. Phillip promised he would clean it up
> for distribution but never did, so the version distributed with Python
> 2.5 has a few strange ideosyncracies that I'm afraid to clean up
> because last time someone touched Phillip's code he threw a fit.)

Oh good then that I didn't try to understand the Content-Length bug I
raised a few months ago on HEAD requests :)

Thanks for the feedback by the way. Much appreciated.
- Sylvain