[Web-SIG] wsgiref questions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Dec 22 22:26:51 CET 2006

On 12/22/06, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh at defuze.org> wrote:
> One question popped into my mind. One of the core idea behind WSGI is the
> pluggability of components respecting the interface proposed by PEP 333. I
> wonder if there was reason not to try a different WSGI server when facing
> a limitation with wsgiref rather than using a proprietary module? CherryPy
> server or another does not matter. Of course since I have no clue of your
> infrastructure and design I'm not judging here but your feedback would be
> interesting on that particular case. I'm intrigued :)

Getting another piece of open source code added to Google's
infrastructure (and learning how to use it) would have been an order
of magnitude more effort than writing the ~50 lines of code that we
ended up adding. One of the downsides of Python's efficiency is that
it's often easier to code than to reuse!