[Web-SIG] Bowing out (was Re: A trivial template API counter-proposal)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 7 18:02:40 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 10:20, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> >Despite some skepticism about the templating
> >effort, I certainly planned to evaluate it when it settled down.
>
> I'm not complaining about you personally tuning out; it's just that I ended
> up being a sole advocate for stuff I thought Zope would need in order to
> utilize the template standard as a basis for views, without being certain
> of the details or whether you (i.e. zope.com and .org) actually cared (due
> to you having disappeared after your initial comment).  (This of course
> also goes for other view-based and "active page" frameworks that have
> similar issues, but whose architects weren't around to comment in the first
> place.)

I phased out as well and decided to comment on a draft. The amount of E-mails
just overwhelmed me. But I agree as well, that the egg work is more
important. :-)

BTW, did we reach a conclusion on the user logging issue. We really, really
need to solve that somehow. Anything you can come up with is fine by me; I'll
trust you do the right thing.

Regards,
Stephan
--