[Web-SIG] Communicating authenticated user information

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Mon Jan 23 21:12:55 CET 2006

Thanks Phillip!

This clears it up for me. Although, I disagree with the
specification in this case; there does not seem to be a
reason why middleware shouldn't be required to send the
*same* environ dict along in subsequent calls.

Certainly a middleware component may make N sub-requests
to subordinate applications; however, these are really
different requests from what the user made.  Further,
there is likely to be more than 1 of them for this case.
So, it is quite different than the more usual case.

Regardless of my opinion on the matter, what *is* being
proposed for this particular problem; and more generally
for these sorts of situations?

Best,

Clark