[Web-SIG] Communicating authenticated user information

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jan 24 17:37:25 CET 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I'm pointing out that the use case under consideration isn't specific
> *enough* yet.  Do people's log files support unicode?  Do the
> authentication systems?  This hasn't been made clear, and it should be.

I agree.  I think we should be guided by the common log file format.
Log data are written to files and are thus not unicode. The user
info is *just* documentation, so it is really up to the app what to
show imo.  Further, because the common log file format is space
delimited, the user info cannot contain spaces.

Jim