[Web-SIG] Communicating authenticated user information

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jan 24 23:17:29 CET 2006

At 12:35 PM 1/24/2006 -0500, Michal Wallace wrote:
>Maybe I just don't understand why this is
>important. Can someone (Jim) explain why this
>is a requirement in the first place?

I'd like to know too, although the obvious argument is backward
compatibility for people accustomed to ZServer as Zope migrates away from it.

I've personally never felt a need to feed this data back to the web server,
probably because I'm so used to using FastCGI, which has no *way* to feed
it back to the web server, and I prefer to look at the application's
logs.  But Zope is a content management system, not an "application" in the
sense I mean, so the same use cases don't necessarily apply.