[Web-SIG] Standalone WSGI form framework.

Alan Kennedy pywebsig at alan.kennedy.name
Thu Mar 16 18:46:47 CET 2006

[Alan Kennedy]
> But I'm tired of hacking on it to make it do what I want: I'd much
> prefer to start afresh with my own design than to continue to use
> Quixote: it's just too limiting.

[Titus Brown]
> I think you mistook my question for a criticism ;).  Rewrite or no, I'm
> mostly interested in what you meant by "WSGI oriented" and what that
> would mean specifically in the context of the Quixote forms lib.

No criticism detected ;-)

By WSGI oriented, I mean that I don't have to mock request objects: I
can just use a dictionary to mock a WSGI request: I've found that
testing approach exceedingly straightforward to work with. Also, I've
had problems in the past with Quixote not handling response encodings
correctly. And it's html escaping mechanism is excessively PTL
oriented: I ended up making too many changes to Quixote, which made me
question why I was using it in the first place.

Regards,

Alan.