[Web-SIG] wsgi.org domain

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue May 30 23:50:30 CEST 2006

Stephan Diehl wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 May 2006 18:14, Ian Bicking wrote:
>
>>Stephan Diehl wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>>Thanks for setting this up.  Could the wiki just be the front page?
>

> This can be set up any way we like. It's actually a hosted virtual linux
> server. My personal taste is not to have a wiki a the front.

I don't really like Wikis as public pages that much either, but they do
make collaboration easy.  Maybe there could be a wiki backend with a
non-wiki frontend?  Then we can work on the content through the web, but
present a static-looking site to the world.  There can still be wiki
artifacts, but in part we can just avoid that editorially.  E.g., take
out the special icon for off-site links, and avoid using WikiWords, then
wrap the wiki content up in a nice template.

>>Would there be any way to fit feeds into the page too? I'd be
>>interested in setting up a wsgi feed from the Cheese Shop (using the
>>category or keywords somehow).  Hrm... now I'm not sure where they are
>>doing that; maybe in their toolbox.  Anyway, if wsgi.org can consume it,
>>I can try to build the feed.
>

> Sound like some application server like Webware, Cheerypy or Pylons (or any
> other of the existing python web frameworks :-) )
> In the long run, I'd propose to use Pylons (or any other WSGI base framework),
> but I'm much more comfortable with Webware or Cheerypy for a quick'n dirty
> setup.

I was thinking wsgi.org would mostly be content, so I don't know if
anything special is needed.  The RSSReader.py macro (listed here:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MacroMarket) looks like it could handle a
feed.