[Web-SIG] wsgi.url_vars feedback

Ben Bangert ben at groovie.org
Wed Nov 1 19:11:15 CET 2006

On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Yep, that was my reasoning; I think its most valuable use is as
> arguments
> to a callable, such that a dispatcher or routing system would just
> invoke a
> callable with some framework-defined arguments, combined with the *
> and **
> from the routing arguments.
>
> Of course, at that point it becomes pretty clear that the thing
> doing the
> routing and the thing being called are part of the same framework
> anyway,
> and there's no real point to having the spec, but oh well.  :)
> (Not that
> there aren't still *some* cross-framework use cases for this spec,
> but they
> seem a bit obscure to me.)

There's a point I think, at the very least it gives unifying points
to several types of dispatchers. This means it could be rather easy
to create a more general version of Luke's Selector that has
pluggable URL lookup schemes since there's a consistent place to look
for the information.

+1 on the whole proposal, I look forward to adding it to Routes.

Cheers,
Ben