[Web-SIG] Specification process

Luke Arno luke.arno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 20:48:12 CET 2006

I am only suggesting that we table this for now.
Latter, we need to have process. I am all for these
goals. However, if we create a standardization
process, people will use it. Things will get heavy. If
we identify a nice opportunity to create compatibility,
like url vars or whatever we are calling it, count me
in. Grab the low hanging fruit and leave the ladders
at home for now.

Lets look at the concrete example: url vars. Those of
us implementing are willing to create compatibility.
Breaking that compatibility is extremely undesirable
by technical reality without any invented authority. I
think all 5 of your requirements are already being
met by natural means. If we come across a real case
that calls out for a process then I will be the first to
agree to adopt such a "necessary evil." Until then it
is just an "evil." ;)

I think we need articles, tutorials and improved docs
to help spread the understanding of what WSGI
component oriented development means. That is
the missing piece, IMHO, not formality. As we see in
REST vs. WS, the lack of formality can be quite nice.

Cheers,
- Luke