[Web-SIG] WSGI -- usable for other protocols?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Oct 18 03:19:10 CEST 2006

> might I suggest you contribute
> to a project which sounds roughly equivalent to the one you're describing?
>
> http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodQuotient

Just for fun, I grepped the sources for IMAP.  No hits.

Seems like I'd spend more time understanding the framework system
you're using than it would take me to write it from scratch.  An IMAP
server isn't hard.  And I don't think the project is all that equivalent.

Does Twisted support the use of PyLucene?

I basically want an IMAP server that supports the MH mail storage
format, uses Lucene for indexing and search, and has the ability to do
auto-filtering on a per-user basis with either MH procmail scripts or
a Python script that uses a particular API.  I don't need an SMTP
server, I don't need a Web interface to mail.

If DivmodQuotient is anywhere close to that, I'll take a longer look.

Bill