[Web-SIG] WSGI diagram

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Aug 21 00:42:37 CEST 2007

At 02:08 PM 8/20/2007 -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:
>Hi,
>
>There's someone working on a mod_wsgi module for the Nginx HTTP
>server/proxy and Nginx's author was asking if there is a diagram
>somewhere outlining the WSGI protocol (I think perhaps he'd help if he
>understood WSGI).  I google'd a bit but came up empty-handed.
>
>Anyone know of anything?

I don't know of anything.  But it might help to explain that WSGI
isn't really a protocol, unless you consider e.g. Java servlets to be
a "protocol".

To implement WSGI in a non-Python web server, you need to invoke
Python code via the Python C API.

Pardon me if any of this is already obvious, but from your
description it sounds like one or more parties might not be aware of
these points.