[Web-SIG] serving (potentially large) files through wsgi?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Dec 17 22:07:06 CET 2007

At 09:06 PM 12/17/2007 +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby ha scritto:
>>This is precisely why WSGI doesn't really have any "configuration"
>>defined, because the whole idea is that it should be as
>>"plug-and-play" as possible.  Server-level configuration options
>>are a liability to be avoided, a sometimes-necessary evil.  They
>>aren't a feature.
>
>Disagree.

Note that your disagreement doesn't retroactively change WSGI's
design goals or rationale, which are what I've been explaining.  Your
desire for configuration in one place also doesn't negate others'
desires to simply drop applications into a server with only the most
minimal server configuration possible.