[Web-SIG] Can't we all just get along? (was: Re: wsgiconfig design)

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sun Jul 8 17:09:26 CEST 2007

Am Montag, den 09.07.2007, 00:48 +1000 schrieb René Dudfield:
> I guess I'm just not used to it.
>
> Adding the stuff to the cheeseshop has definitely made it more obvious
> that you can use the bits separately.  I don't think it'll be that
> much longer before people realise the parts are decoupled now.
>
> Part of it could be that the names are just longer.  I can easily
> remember things with less levels - and there's slightly less typing.
>
> There's also the history of zope stuff being for zope.  I mean zope
> has been around for *ages* and my brain doesn't adapt as quickly as it
> used to.

zope.component and zope.interface might be of help to start adapting. ;)

Overall, I think I'd give it a shot to wait for what happens after we
have our first stable round of releases around. I know that there are
some packages where we didn't get the dependencies right immediately,
but those will be sorted out. I really hope we can solve this by having
packages that are helpful and people start using it and adapting their
view on what 'zope.*' means.

Christian