[Web-SIG] Web Site Process Bus

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Thu Jun 28 00:47:09 CEST 2007

Chris McDonough wrote:
> I think I'm mostly confused by the name "process bus" because it
> seems like the primary use case for something like this is where all
> of the applications share the same process space and are all written
> in Python.  Am I right?  If so, maybe a different name is in order?
> "Application Bus"?  Or even "WSGI Bus", if its presumed that all of
> the applications will be WSGI applications?

Thinking about this some more, you're right that "process" is not the
appropriate term. This is about coordination between application/server
components and site-wide services, and I was using "process" redundantly
to mean "site". How about Web Site Event Bus instead?

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org