[Web-SIG] daemon tools

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Mar 3 21:39:37 CET 2007

Chad Whitacre wrote:
>> Anyway, I share this for your consideration.  There are probably
>> better tools out there than zdaemon and supervisor2, but I'm not
>> aware of them. :)  I'm curious what other people have found or use.
>
> There's also monit:
>
>    http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/

I think monit overlaps some with supervisor2's featureset, but not as
much with zdaemon.  Having monit poll your process to check it's alive
isn't as solid a solution as having a real parent process to do that.
Monit would still be useful with zdaemon, because it can poll things
like HTTP responses, memory usage, etc.