[Web-SIG] how to post from a cgi script and not a html form??

Jeff Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 02:14:31 CET 2007

hello,
  I'm pretty new to using python on the web, I've got a bit of code that works pretty well to get form inputs and such. Now I need to post some info to a gateway service (for credit card processing) and then receive their response and do something with it. I can do this no problem... except that I'm not sure how to post my dictionary (name value pairs from form inputs i.e., credit card num, expire dates etc) from the cgi script. I had been using the html forms to submit data to the server, but now I need to do this from my cgi script. I think this is pretty straight forward but I didn't see anything in the cgi module. where do I start, or does anyone have some sample code? thanks!!

  Jeff

http://mail.yahoo.com