[Web-SIG] WebOb

Adam Atlas adam at atlas.st
Mon Oct 22 19:54:51 CEST 2007

On 22 Oct 2007, at 12:09, William Dode wrote:

> So, don't you think web-sig should officialy support such library ?
> Include it in the lib stantard or in a wsgiorg library ?

I don't really like the idea of having something like this be part of
the standard library; it's sort of neither here nor there between low-
level WSGI and framework territory. I don't see people using
something like WebOb to write their applications directly (nor does
that seem to be the intention); just like Paste, it seems more like
something that full frameworks would incorporate and provide access to.

Given the principle of "there should be one, and preferably only one,
obvious way to do it", it seems like putting this in the standard
library would be an endorsement of it as the obvious/best way, and
although I like the WebOb approach, I don't think there's enough of a
consensus to bless it thus. For now, the multitude of web frameworks
and their various philosophies is a good thing.