[Web-SIG] Removal of Cookie in Python 3.0 OK?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Feb 4 00:41:21 CET 2008

Brett Cannon wrote:
> As part of the standard library cleanup for Python 3.0, it has been
> suggested to me that the Cookie module be removed. The rationale for
> this is that most of the module is already deprecated and cookielib
> does a better job for cookie support anyway.
>
> I just wanted to see if anyone here had strong objections (along with
> reasons) as to why the module should be kept around in some form or
> another.

I think most frameworks still use the Cookie module.  The cookielib
module is more oriented to the client side.  It doesn't seem to have the
same parsing functions that you'd use on the server side (though maybe
they are there and just not documented because they also exist in the
Cookie module).

   Ian