[Web-SIG] loggers and wsgi

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Jan 16 16:21:50 CET 2008

Chris Withers ha scritto:
> Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>> And how is, say, an SQL connection object supposed to know what the
>> "page path" is?  That was the whole point of this thread: that without
>> passing logger objects around, or having some other dynamic context,
>> there's no way for libraries to direct their log information to the
>> right place.
>
> Well, this feels pretty odd to me, but I guess each to their own.
>
> Regardless, the problems of wsgi.errors not having any clue about log
> levels make it an unappealing prospect to use.

wsgi.errors maybe should have an optional method:
.msg(level, *args)

where args is a list of strings

or
.msg(*args, **kwargs)

where the keys in kwargs are implementation defined.

> Still, there's no problem
> with a wsgi application doing its own logging to its own log files, right?

There is an interoperability problem with external tools like logrotate,
since some WSGI implementation are unable to catch signals.

> cheers,
>
> Chris

Manlio Perillo