[Web-SIG] code copyright for the spec on wsgi.org

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Jan 23 20:49:39 CET 2008

Brian Smith ha scritto:
> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> As an example, I would like to use the code in the example for the
>> routing_args specification.
>
> Manlio,
>
> Are you planning to implement the routing_args specification directly in
> NGinx's mod_wsgi?

No, of course!

I'm writing a (yet another) mini framework based on WSGI (but without
adding high level interfaces like request/response objects), that will
take advantage of special features of the WSGI implementation for Nginx,
if available.

My plan is to keep mod_wsgi for nginx as simple as possible.

> I think doing so is a really bad idea--routing_args
> should be set and manipulated by dispatching middleware only.

By the way, you are saying that the dispatching can be put in a
middleware, but is this really true?

It seems, to me, that the url dispatching should be done in the WSGI
application "entry point".

 > [....]

Manlio Perillo