[Web-SIG] Fwd: wsgiref.simple_server slow on slow network

Tibor Arpas tibor at infinit.sk
Tue Jul 22 09:58:06 CEST 2008

I added the Content-Length and no difference. Important thing I
noticed is that I get the same request/response rate with only ONE
byte of content. So it looks like a constant delay of 3 seconds per

Now my script reads:

from wsgiref import simple_server

def app(environ, start_response):
    send = '*'*1
    start_response('200 OK', [('content-type',
    return send

port = 8080
httpd = simple_server.WSGIServer(('',port),
except KeyboardInterrupt:

#import paste.httpserver
#paste.httpserver.serve(app, host='', port='8079')  #this works fast!