[Web-SIG] Are you going to convert Pylons code into Python 3000?

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Mar 5 09:39:26 CET 2008

Graham Dumpleton ha scritto:
> [...]
>
> Personally I believe that WSGI 1.0 should die along with Python 2.X. I
> believe that WSGI 2.0 should be developed to replace it and the
> introduction of Python 3.0 would be a great time to do that given that
> people are going to have to change their code anyway and that code
> isn't then likely to be backward compatible with Python 2.X.

Fine with me but there is a *big* problem.

WSGI 2.0 "breaks" support for asynchronous applications (since you can
no more send headers in the app iter).

I have finally implemented an extension for the Nginx's WSGI module that
  give support to asynchronos applications.

I *need* it because in a application I'm developing I have to talk with
a web service on the Internet, and not using an asynchronous http client
(I'm using pycurl) is a suicide.