[Web-SIG] Time a for JSON parser in the standard library?

James Bennett ubernostrum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:23:47 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Mark Ramm <mark.mchristensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I would definitely support the incusion of a JSON library in the
>  standard lib.   And, I think that it should be simplejson which is
>  used by TurboGears, Pylons, and bundled with Django.

I'd tentatively agree, though I recall seeing a post not long ago
(which I am currently unable to find) from the author of jsonlib
lamenting the fact that most of the other JSON modules for Python had
various significant inconsistencies with the RFC. While authors of
competing tools should be taken with a grain of salt, I do think
compliance with the spec is an important factor for any particular
module that might be blessed with stdlib membership, and so should
play a bigger role in any such decision than mere benchmark speed.