[Web-SIG] Time a for JSON parser in the standard library?

James Bennett ubernostrum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:50:35 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>  Well, so fix this. How hard can it be?

A bit of poking around turned up the post I was looking for:

http://jmillikin.blogspot.com/2008/02/python-json-catastrophe.html

Seems like his beef with simplejson is mostly Unicode/encoding
handling; the floating-point stuff is a bit more debatable wrt to the
spec, because rfc4627 doesn't say anything about how to handle these
aside from saying that a "number" in JSON is allowed to contain a
decimal point followed by more digits.

Since the post is only a couple weeks old, I'm assuming that the
Unicode stuff is current, so if the consensus is in favor of
simplejson I suppose that'd be the area to concentrate on.