[Web-SIG] Revising environ['wsgi.input'].readline in the WSGI specification

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sun Nov 16 19:06:15 CET 2008

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> 2008/11/16 Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com>:
>> We need to make a revision to the WSGI spec to say that
>> environ['wsgi.input'].readline takes an optional size argument.  It always
>> does in practice (except in wsgiref.validate.validator, rendering that
>> validator useless), and is required to in practice, because everyone uses
>> cgi.FieldStorage, and it passes in that argument.
>
> This has been brought up numerous times before. There are other things
> about wsgi.input that really need to be changed as well to make it
> more useful. When I have pushed for revised specification before I
> could never get enough interest in it from the people that most would
> perceive are the ones who oversee the PEP.

Yes, this has been passed over before.  To resolve this, let's just not
pass it over this time?  This is a relatively small change to the WSGI
spec, because it represents standard practice -- this change is simply
getting the spec in line with implementations.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org