[Web-SIG] Implementing File Upload Size Limits

Brian Smith brian at briansmith.org
Wed Nov 26 16:01:43 CET 2008

Brian Smith wrote:
> 2008/11/26 Brian Smith <brian at briansmith.org>:
> > Under Apache CGI or mod_wsgi, in many situations you will get a
> > deadlock in this scenario.
>
> It isn't 'many situations', it is a quite specific situation.

Right. I meant that it can happen quite often (every time) that situation
occurs, depending on the characteristics of the application.

> > If you know C, it is relatively simple to modify mod_wsgi to use a
> > different Apache<->daemon communication protocol
>
> Depends on your definition of simple. It would be quite fiddly to do
> and get right, or one would have to rewrite a large amount of code. I
> wouldn't regard either as really that simple.

I did it by implementing the communication protocol that I had proposed on
the mod_wsgi mailing list a while ago. It is straightforward to do, but it
does take a lot of time to learn how mod_wsgi works in order to make the
change, especially if you have never written an Apache module before.

- Brian