[Web-SIG] Looking for a Python Ajax Middleware script

David Shi davidgshi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 12:27:43 CET 2008

Has anyone tried the following with Python?

1. Put a code into the script like Feedback.  The code is actually a data processing program/script, which runs about 1 or 2 minutes, generates a new file on the server for users to download.
Or the code/script of data processing sits outside and can be called/fired off to run within something like the feedback.  It does the same thing as I stated above.

2.  While data processing is going on, there will be no data passed back from the server to clients.  How do we have a screen for end users to look at and telling them that data processing is going on?   Perhaps a cranking engine turning.

3.  Automated registration, authentication and session management?  Linking to registration and authentication is an automated process of allocating temporary folders for each user on the server?

Have you come across to these?

Frankly speaking, I am not a programmer, but got thrown into the situation.

I am using IIS 6.0 and Windows Server 2003.   It can allow Microsoft's .NET service.

I think that what ideally I need is a Python middleware script which manages the dynamic UI interfaces and data processing engines.

Your suggestions and recommendations will be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,

David