[Web-SIG] WSGI 2

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 3 23:32:36 CEST 2009

So... what about WSGI 2?  Let's not completely drop the ball on this.
I *think* we were largely in agreement; debate got distracted by some
async stuff, but I don't think we particularly have to deal with that
for WSGI 2.  I think we do more than enough if we figure out: WSGI in
Python 3, i.e., with unicode; some basic errata kind of stuff, like
readline signature; change the callable signature to remove
start_response.

Would this be a new PEP or a revision?  I think it should be a new
PEP, as WSGI 1 remains valid and the same as it always was, and PEP
333 describes that.  Is there anyone willing to make the revisions?

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |  http://topplabs.org/civichacker