[Web-SIG] how to test hunging socket ?

William Dode wilk at flibuste.net
Fri Jan 30 20:52:49 CET 2009

Hi,

I've a problem with a web app wich freeze periodicaly. I monitored my
app and the hang doesn't seem to occur in it. So i think the problem is
before, or after, a problem of socket i imagine... It append with
wsgiref.simple_server and mod_wsgi. My app is not totaly thread safe so
i didn't try a lot of servers...
When it freeze, i have to restart the app manualy. With mod_wsgi it
freeze the whole server. It doesn't append very often so it's difficult
for me to reproduce the problem.

So my question is, how can i simulate hunging socket ? or how can i see
where the app freeze exactly ?

In python-paste server i read the ian tried to handle some case of
hunging socket...

thx, and sorry for my english...

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net