[Web-SIG] Announcing bobo

Aaron Watters arw1961 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 18:27:00 CEST 2009

> Nobody minds calling functions from other
> functions --
> that's basics of programming, but for some reason URL
> dispatching is
> seen as something different. Why?

I don't know, but every time I see a strange
data structure with regular expressions in it that
is supposed to define my web application URL structure,
my skin crawls.

I think the simplicity of FILE_PATH==URL is one
of the main reasons for the popularity of PHP --
other than that I can't think of any excuse for PHP.
If python had a framework that had a simple and
straightforward organization 5 to 10 years ago I don't
think either PHP or Ruby/Rails would have ever evolved.

BTW, this was one of the primary reasons I created
WHIFF -- I wanted a structure where I just dropped
files into a directory and they were automatically
treated as applications or middlewares with an
URL derived from the file path with associated services
which could be combined in a natural fashion...
There wasn't anything like that available, so I had
to create it.

   -- Aaron Watters

===
http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/amcharts/doc