[Web-SIG] Announcing bobo

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jun 16 18:43:28 CEST 2009

Hey,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Aaron Watters<arw1961 at yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
> If python had a framework that had a simple and
> straightforward organization 5 to 10 years ago I don't
> think either PHP or Ruby/Rails would have ever evolved.

5 years ago would've been far too late for PHP. Even 10 years ago; PHP
has been around since '95 and I think was fairly popular quite soon.
Even Rails goes back to '04 - not sure when it got really popular.

(anyway, I know you were around back then and before me, I just like history)

In general, I don't think there's anything that could stop people from
creating their own new web frameworks. :) At best we can aim to reuse
bits and pieces and work towards making that easier.

Regards,

Martijn