[Web-SIG] Announcing bobo

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:29:16 CEST 2009

2009/6/22 Aaron Watters <arw1961 at yahoo.com>:

> [whoops: graham, I meant to 'reply all', sorry for repeat]
>
> --- On Sat, 6/20/09, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote
>> Personally I believe 'bobo' would be a good alternative for
>> the people
>> who currently get drawn to the simplicity of 'publisher'
>
> It's not clear to me whether bobo has
> the "just drop a file or directory in
> the parent directory and it works"
> property like PHP, modpy/publisher, vanilla CGI,
> and WHIFF do.
>
> Does it, Jim?

I already emailed Jim separately some days back to show exactly how
this can be done using Apache/mod_wsgi 3.0. I was going to blog about
how it is done, but been tied up on getting some other stuff out of
the way.

In other words, bobo doesn't need to support that sort of mechanism
directly as Apache/mod_wsgi makes it a reasonably trivial thing to do.

Graham