[Web-SIG] Web Framework

Aaron Watters arw1961 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 19:39:10 CEST 2009

--- On Sun, 5/31/09, Omar Munk <omar.website at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Omar Munk <omar.website at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Web-SIG] Web Framework
> To: web-sig at python.org
> Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 12:30 PM
> Hello....
> A good documentation.
> Not to overkill like
> Django
> Easy and simple
> Just something like
> PHP but without the dirty style.
> I like Karrigell
> but it looks like it's dead do you know a clone of
> it?

Hi Omar.  Please have a look at WHIFF.
It has a lot of PHP-like features, but it's better :).

Please let me know what you think of it.
I'd be especially interested if you find
the documentation hard to understand --
please let me know where you got confused or
whatever.  Thanks.

http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W.intro

By the way I agree that PHP is ugly and most
Python frameworks are too complicated.  I also
think the only reason PHP is so popular is
because there was never an appropriate Python
based alternative for the kinds of things
people like to do with PHP.  This is the vacuum
I'm trying to fill with WHIFF.

  -- Aaron Watters

===
less is more