[Web-SIG] WSGI 1 Changes [ianb's and my changes]

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:14:26 CEST 2009

hi,

I don't like yours and Ians changes with regard to cgi.  cgi exists.
Breaking wsgi apps on cgi is silly.  Especially it is still the only
way to run python web apps on some hosts.  Even though many current
python frameworks are not optimized enough to run on cgi, it is still
used by people.

I think you mean pre-2.2 support, not python 2.2?  iterators came
about in python 2.2.

Fixing the python3 wsgi situation needs to happen very soon(it's been
a year already!).  I don't think delaying it any longer is a good idea
for python 3 and for python as a whole.  So making a separate wsgi
version will not be good if a new wsgi comes out for python3.