[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Mon Sep 21 08:00:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

Robert Brewer schrieb:
> urllib.unquote, for one. We had to make a version which accepts bytes
> (and outputs bytes). But it's only 8 lines of code.
Here a patch for urllib.parse that restores Python 2.x behavior.
Because it also changes behavior for Python 3.x I have not yet submitted
it for discussions: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/140739/

This adds byte support for all unquoting functions and URL parsing and
joining.  It also changes the quoting functions to return bytes when
passed bytes.  The latter is something that most likely does not survive
a review on python-dev.

Regards,
Armin