[Web-SIG] Request for Comments on upcoming WSGI Changes

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Sep 22 06:33:05 CEST 2009

At 07:40 PM 9/21/2009 -0700, Robert Brewer wrote:
>Yes; you have to transcode to the "correct" encoding. Once. Then every
>other WSGI application interface "below" that one doesn't have to care.

You can only do that if you *break encapsulation*, which as I said
earlier is voiding the entire point of having a modular interface.

Having a configurable encoding just means that *every* WSGI
application *must* verify the encoding in order to be safe.  I'm all
in favor of making everyone suffer equally, but all else being equal,
I'd prefer them to suffer idempotently rather than conditionally.  ;-)