[Web-SIG] WSGI for Python 3

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Sat Aug 28 13:13:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-08-28 1:04 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> Let me just throw in here that it's *NOT* too late to do something about
> Python 3.2.  It is not even in beta state yet, and I am very willing to
> introduce the changes to make web programming work again, or even hold
> up 3.2 for a bit if you need more time.
Sorry if I was not clear.  I was talking about only wsgiref here.  And
for that to be adapted to a possible new WSGI specification we would
need more time than you can hold the 3.2 release I think.

> However, someone who actually *does* web programming has to do that, in
> other words, one of you.  All I see is complaints that it will not work
> and one has to forget the stdlib.  That is somewhat sad.
While I am not happy with the decisions of the stdlib for unicode in
some parts, my mail was not related to that.

Regards,
Armin