[Web-SIG] WSGI for Python 3

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 30 03:02:02 CEST 2010

Ugh... why are we back at bytes again?  I don't know of any concrete
problems with using Latin1 (basically how mod_wsgi works).  It would be nice
to try out some tricky cases -- cookie parsing, HTTP proxies,
output-modifying middleware, a few other cases.  But I don't see a reason to
expect they won't work.  It also doesn't feel particularly *wrong*.  The
parsed portions of the request and response are mostly ASCII anyway, and the
exceptions generally require wonky code anyway so a little transcoding isn't
so bad.

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org