[Web-SIG] WSGI for Python 3

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Sat Jul 17 01:33:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 7/17/10 1:20 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:
 > Let me know if I'm missing something.
The only thing you miss is that the bytes type of Python 3 is badly
supported in the stdlib (not an issue if we reimplement everything in
our libraries, not an issue for me) and that the bytes type has no
string formattings which makes us do the encode/decode dance in our own
implementation so of the missing stdlib functions.

So I am pretty sure we can't totally bypass the encoding/decoding.  We
might however require less encodes/decodes if we leave bytes on the WSGI
layer.

Regards,
Armin