[Web-SIG] WSGI for Python 3

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Jul 17 03:50:58 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:

> So... before jumping to conclusions, what's the hard part with using text?

Oh, the one thing that will be silly is cookies, but they are totally nuts
already.  They can be parsed equally well as bytes or latin1, and best only
transcoded after parsing.  Doing cookie_value.decode(app_encoding) or
cookie_value.encode('ISO-8859-1').decode(app_encoding) isn't terribly
different.  And cookies aren't fair because they are just stupid; like the
standard library I don't think we should design anything around their
idiosyncrasies.

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org