[Web-SIG] Generic configuration

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Wed Mar 17 13:47:09 CET 2010

Alex Morega ha scritto:
> On 17 Mar 2010, at 0:24, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Alex Morega ha scritto:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is not really a WSGI question, it's more into general configuration, but I don't know of a better place to ask it.
>>>
> [...]
>> I use YAML with custom constructors:
>> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/wsgix/file/tip/wsgix/conf/loader.py
>>
>> There is a middleware:
>>  http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/wsgix/file/tip/wsgix/conf/middleware.py
>> that reads a list of configuration files to load from the WSGI environ
>> (I set this in the Nginx mod_wsgi) configuration, and merge all the
>> configuration in the WSGI environ.
>>
>> Using custom YAML constructors it is possible to do something like:
>>  http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/wsgix/examples/file/tip/dbview/settings.yml
>>
> [...]
>
> That's still configuring a piece of WSGI middleware or application. I'm thinking about something along these lines:

Yes, since it works quite differently from other frameworks.

Middleware are very easy to configure; in Nginx configuration file:
   wsgi_middleware wsgix.conf.middleware;

The reason is that how you want to store configuration parameters should
not hard written in the framework.
Using YAML in my framework does not prevent using other methods like
ConfigParser or Python modules.

> [daemon]
> factory = egg:PasteScript#wsgiutils
> host = 127.0.0.1
> port = 8000
> app = my_site
>
> [...]

If you want this, isn't it more simple and generic to use YAML?

Manlio